- The 2020 Princeton AI4ALL Application is now closed.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent out approximately two weeks after the application deadline (March 10, 2020).
- If you are accepted or placed on the waitlist, you will have a week to confirm your intent to attend within a week of your notice of acceptance or wait list status. To confirm, you need to submit your intent to attend form and an optional financial aid request form (and supporting documentation), or your waitlist confirmation form.
- The full tuition minus the amount covered by financial aid will be due approximately one week after that.
Students must be in 10th grade at the time of application and going into 11th grade in Fall 2020. Please note that admitted students will have to provide evidence of health insurance and vaccination records before attending the program.
Ideal candidates should:
- Have an interest in AI (no previous AI or programming background is required).
- Have leadership skills and the potential to make broader impact.
- Be passionate about creating an inclusive and diverse environment.
- Admission is need-blind for all applicants. We are will be soliciting financial forms only after you are admitted.
- This aid will be offered in the form of partial and full scholarships. Aid is granted based upon need, and comes in the form of a grant (i.e. it is not expected to be repaid).
- Need is determined through a careful review of each family’s individual financial circumstances. The deadline for financial aid will be approximately 1 week after you’re admitted. We will be requesting the following information:
- Previous year's tax return
- Previous year's W-2
- Short summary describing the need for financial aid (especially if outside the boundaries of the household income guideline below)
- The full need of every admitted student is met through a combination of tuition reduction and travel assistance. Assuming the financial aid application is submitted in full by the deadline, we are committed to:
- Full tuition waiver plus assistance with travel expenses for all families with combined household income less than $80,000 per year
- Reduced tuition to $2,000 for all families with combined household income less than $110,000 per year
- Reduced tuition to $4,000 for all families with combined household income less than $140,000 per year
This guarantee is made possible thanks to generous support from the Princeton Computer Science Department, Princeton Center for Information Technology Policy, AI4ALL foundation, Princeton School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Princeton Center for Statistics and Machine Learning, and the Princeton Office of Information Technology. We will consider additional considerations beyond those outlined above to ensure that every admitted student is able to participate. Note that we are not able to make exceptions to the financial aid deadline, so it is vital that all materials are submitted on time to qualify for aid.“
Tuition for Princeton AI4ALL is $6,000. It includes housing and dining in supervised Princeton residences, towels and bedding, field trip expenses, instruction, course materials, and transportation between Princeton University and Newark International Airport. Extensive financial aid is available.